Monday 12 November 2007

12th November 2007

Started stripping the nearside front suspension in preparation for the new discs so that I can complete the brake system.

However don't use cheap tools when undoing possibly the tightest nuts on the car, disc to hub nuts!

Ah well, another trip to the tool shop.

Strangely I was only using this socket as my main socket set goes 5-15 17-20 ish there is no 16mm socket! The new one worked though so I'm just waiting for new discs to arrive and things can get back together then on to the off side front suspension.

At least it looks a bit better even if it is only half done, amazing what a duster and a bit of paint can do.

If anyone is passing and has a right angled drill, I'm going to need one soon to attach the brake pipe clips inside the chassis beam. I suspect this should have been done before the gearbox and body were fitted ;-)

No comments: