Sunday 20 July 2008

A quiet day a today, a visit from a friendly Cobra Replica Club member to cast his eye over things, one or two possible issues with nuts - the nyloc type and how many threads need to show!! We have a solution for that I think.

Then a neighbour brought his E-Type round for a quick look, lovely car.

Then back to the garage to continue fitting the throttle cable. This turned out to be worse than the heater, upside down in the drivers footwell drilling up into the engine bay where a drill was never meant to go. Eventually managed a hole the right size for the throttle cable end to go through. Unfortunately whilst fiddling in the almost inaccessible location of the new hole, I managed to cut my middle finger on a some sharp metal. Quick plaster and I carried on - but so did the blood! Was forced to give up for the day and let the finger heal.

I'll probably have to wash the blood away in the morning. Never mind I've almost got a working throttle ;-)

It's looking good for an engine start this coming weekend.

No comments: