Thursday 5 June 2008

Crikey! nearly a week and no updates!! Sorry I've been busy and a bit under the weather, as opposed to being under the car.

As you can see the windscreen has been fitted - several times in fact due to various discrepancies here and there. That required the wiper system to be removed which has now been refitted.

The front SVA indicators have been fitted although I'm not sure they are correct, but they wired up with waterproof connectors.

The rear seat belt holes and bolts have been finished so they fit correctly and hold driver and passenger in place. The lower mounting points seem to be a problem as the manual doesn't match the chassis.

The inner wings have been coated with liquid rubber (thanks Thomas ;-) ) and another coat should help protect against stones being thrown up. There's no picture because it's just a black paint.

I have fitted an extension brake pipe to the rear so that I can get to the bleed nipple easily, one of the new joints is weeping slightly so it may need to be replaced ;-(

Several little things to do but I think I'll need to refit the engine soon. I have ordered the exhaust system.



No comments: